Middle School Curriculum
Classes VI – VIII
The Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation System (CCE) is the curriculum pattern followed in the middle School. The term Continuous refers to proper diagnosis of the gaps in the learning process and enables teachers to take accurate remedial measures to set the problem right – assessment and remedial measures are not restricted to term end exams but are an ongoing process. The term Comprehensive refers to the scholastic and co-scholastic areas of assessment throughout the learning process.
- The curriculum is broadly based on Scholastic and Co – scholastic domain, which provides a platform for students to think intensively and critically, while acquiring knowledge.
- Under the Scholastic domain, our school offers the following subjects:
- Social Science
- Computer Science
Students are offered a third language, options for which are:
Under the Co scholastic domain a wide range of co curricular activities are offered as per the child’s aptitude and interest. These include :
- Life skills
- Visual and performing arts
- Sports – both indoor and outdoor sports with special coaches.
- Electronics & Electricals
- Personality development
- Painting and craft work
- Multimedia and animation
- Dramatics and Debating
- Working Model Making
- Cooking and Baking
- Needlework and Interior decoration
- The aim is to provide in-depth knowledge of all the concepts. An extensive use of technology supplements classroom teaching, thereby making it interactive and thus enhancing comprehension. We have implemented smart class technology as our teaching methodology.
- Homework given to students is a stimulating revision exercise, generally in the form of worksheets. Activity based learning in all subjects is emphasized.
- A lot of stress is laid on spoken English with emphasis on good pronunciation and diction, coupled with excellent reading and writing skills.
- Educational trips and excursions – in India as well as abroad, are organized on a regular basis to make learning fun, interesting and meaningful through exploration and adventure.
- Co- curricular activities form an integral part of the curriculum which hones the abilities of the student through a plethora of options to choose from and showcase their talents.
- Teamwork and creativity is given a lot of emphasis, students participate in hands on experiments and activities and create working models based on their own visions and ideas.
- The curriculum is designed to bring out the best and ensure holistic development of a student.