MR VACCINATION PROGRAMME
As you are aware that the state of Haryana is conducting the MR vaccination campaign as part of the national strategy to eliminate measles and control Rubella / CRS in the country. Measles and rubella are highly infectious disease caused by a virus. All children aged 9 months to less than 15 years will be provided with an additional dose of MR vaccine, regardless of any previous vaccination status or history of measles / rubella–like illness.
The Departments of Health and Education are partnering with schools to bring students and teachers to jointly participate in the MR Campaign.
A circular has already been given to your ward.
The MR campaign will be conducted on Friday 11th May 2018 in the school premises during school hours. Timing 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
FOLLOWING ARE THE DETAILS OF THE VACCINATION PROGRAMME.
- All children from pre Nursery to class X will be provided with an additional dose of MR vaccine, regardless of any previous vaccination status or history of Measles/Rubella like illness.
- The vaccination will be administered in school on 11th May from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm by trained medical practitioners.
- Parents can accompany their ward for the vaccination.
- The vaccination is free of cost and it is not available in any private clinic.
- The vaccination is safe and effective.
- A.D syringe (one time syringe) will be used.
- A team of doctors from WHO, UNICEF and Civil Hospital will supervisor the campaign.
- Parents to ensure that their wards eat healthy breakfast on the day of the vaccination.
- The parents may contact their ward’s pediatricians for information on this nationwide campaign.
Please note the time slot allotted to different grades.
9:00 am – 10:00 am Pre Nursery, Nursery and KG.
10:00 am – 11:00 am Grade I to III.
11:00 am – 12:00 noon. Grade IV, V and VI.
12:30 am – 1:30 noon. Grade VII, VIII, IX and X.
Ms. Priya Arora